D / a conversion: 44.1KHz, 48Khz, 88.2khz, 96KHz, 176.4khz; using 16 bit resistance ladder DAC chip
Power supply: 230VAC, 50 / 60Hz
Output impedance: 135ohms (1kHz)
Power consumption: < 25W
CAD 1543 MKII DAC, named for the increasingly rare Trapezoidal resistance converter chip Philips TDA1543 / N2, was designed to minimize inherent noise, optimize chip specifications, and now allow local conversion to 192 kHz PCM audio. The DAC was highly rated by HIFI+ magazine Jason Kennedy, who called the 1543 MKII DAC the most transparent, natural and accurate DAC he had ever heard of.
(1) Five independent transformers supply five fully discrete linear regulators, providing the cleanest power supply for each modular unit.
(2) Customized 10mm acrylic case to provide superior acoustic performance.
(3) Additional internal EMI/RFI internal materials can reduce background EMI noise.
(4) 16 Philips TDA1543 / N2 trapezoidal resistance decoder chips, with no filter design to provide unparalleled time domain replay accuracy.
(5) Custom four-layer PCBS support DAC chips with Duelund Coherent Audio capacitors and passive output stages with selected AMERICAN-made Audio resistors, with internal signal lines of custom up-OCC copper wire.
(6) Upgrade in a modular way to ensure that your investment lasts a lifetime.