Terminals: USB, RCA, XLR, spade, BNC
Noise reduction frequency: 700khz-10ghz
CAD floor box, there are two models: the smaller GC1 and the larger GC3. It is designed to process the high frequency noise of signal ground and power ground, aiming at improving the sound performance of audio components. It can reduce noise in the frequency range from about 700 kHz to more than 10 GHz. The floor boxes are made from specially designed compression "sandwiches" of specialized materials that combine to efficiently convert HF energy into heat over a wide frequency range, commonly used in the aviation and electronics industries.
how to deal with noise in CAD floor box
(1) The floor box is not connected to any power supply - it is a passive device. It is connected in parallel with the audio equipment, so it will not affect, change or restrict the connected equipment in any way other than reducing the HF noise in the equipment. The impedance does not increase, so there is no impact on safety, but HF noise is reduced.
(2) The grounding box can reduce HF noise in signal grounding without increasing impedance. The technology used in CAD ground box has no effect on grounding impedance, so it provides an effective solution to reduce HF noise on the ground of main power supply, while maintaining safety.
(3) A common technique is filtering, which is used in all CAD products. Another approach is to use the physical and electronic isolation of digital and analog circuits to keep "noisy" numbers outside the "quieter" analog part of the circuit.
(4) It is a very rare method to deal with the high frequency noise on the signal ground plane (so far). From the beginning, CAD considered that the high frequency noise of signal ground and main power source is one of the main limiting factors of digital audio reproduction. They have been developing technologies and materials to prevent or extract HF noise in products.
How to use CAD floor box
(1) The floor box can be connected to any unused connection port on any device. These cables are available in a variety of different terminals - USB, RCA, XLR, spade, BNC - or whatever you need (order). Our GC cables connect directly to the signal ground in the device using only the ground connection in each terminal.
(2) The ground box can be connected to signal ground or power ground. Some main power outlet boards have ground connections, and many audio components provide connections to the chassis / chassis or ground point. Alternatively, if the power outlet strip or audio assembly has a metal conductive enclosure, sometimes the screw can be loosened and connected to the enclosure using a grounded control cable with spade connector.
(3) It is not recommended to use the same ground box to connect signal ground and power ground of audio components together. In this case, you will connect the signal ground directly to ground, which may make the noise problem worse. In most high-end audio components, the signal ground is not connected directly or at all to the main power ground. We recommend that the ground box be connected to the signal ground or ground respectively. Even better, if you have two floor boxes, one each connected independently.